>> AIR 9 CARBON DETAILS
· The ultimate, lightweight race frame with Niner’s proven, solid geometry for the best
handling 29er available.
· The world’s only 29er carbon frame that can be run as a single speed or geared.
· Computer designed tube shapes were run through extensive FEA programming to optimize
carbon fiber’s inherent strengths.
· True monocoque construction with carbon dropouts built into the rear triangle mold.
· Tapered head tube to increase strength and aid in steering precision, without gaining weight.
· Cool and functional magnesium head badge routes shifter cables internally and eliminates
cable rub on the side of the headtube.
· Internal routing keeps cables clean, neat and shifting perfect and helps singlespeed setups
to look great.
· Built in carbon cable guides for the hydraulic disc brake line are clean, light and slick.
· CYA Bottom Bracket System allows singlespeed or geared drivetrains from multiple
manufacturers using CYA adaptors.
· 73mm BB (compatible with Niner BioCentric and CYA adaptors for X-Type, BB90,
SRAM BB30, or FSA BB30).
· Post mount rear disc brake is lighter and stronger than a conventional IS mount, eliminates
the need for adaptors and insures proper brake alignment.
· Ti protector plates around BB.
· 31.6mm seatpost diameter, 400mm length recommended, 34.9 clamp
· Massive clearance on the rear for the largest XC tires.
· Available in Tang or Vana White.
Complete details, geometry here.
All photos by Michael Darter